Worship Music Thoughts - Praise & Worship P&W

This is a place for Christians to discuss what song Worship is. How do we do it? What works well? How do we balance many issues facing us? Tough questions will be asked. We can also share favorites (songs, bands, websites) and worst "favorites" (songs, bands, etc). I hope to learn and grow and get some great ideas.

Name:
Location: Eagle Grove, Iowa, United States

I was born in 1973 in Zaire, Africa. My parents, aunts, uncles, and grandparents on my mom’s side were all missionaries with the Evangelical Free Church in Zaire. I graduated from boarding school in Zaire (Ubangi Academy) in 1991 and went to Moody Bible Institute. I spent my summers working at Hidden Acres, the Evangelical Free Church camp in Iowa and it was there I met my lovely and gracious wife, Lori (though we didn’t fall in love there). I received a B.A. in Youth Ministry from Moody and spent over 5 years in an Independent Baptist Church in rural Michigan. I left there at God’s call in 2002 to serve at Grace Evangelical Free Church in Eagle Grove, Iowa, as the Youth Pastor. I have an incredible son, Benjamin, and a beautiful daughter, Elise. My wife is a huge part of our ministry with the youth. I am currently pursuing (slowly) a Master of Arts and Religion from Reformed Theological Seminary through their virtual campus (distance education). My passions are for the glory of God, my family, guitar, volleyball, sports in general, and students. Though the future is unclear, I believe God has called me to “full-time” ministry.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Best Internet Site for Worship Leaders

What do you think is the best internet site for worship leaders?

In my mind, worshiptogether.com is the best site out there. Join for free, and then go every week and print off one new free song - not just the chords, but the sheet music - and print it in any key. I print it in at least 2 keys, sometimes four. I file it away and wait for it to become a great song or to fade away.

So many times where there has been a song that I want to learn and teach our people, I find that I already have it (in many keys) filed away (Indescribable, Unchanging, and so many more). If you are involved in worship leading, make it a practice to go here each week and print off the music. Also, they have great web interviews with song writers and some good articles. They also have junk articles (from my narrow theological point of view). It's worth checking out.

I should add that http://www.igracemusic.com/ and http://www.sovereigngrace.com/music/ are both great sites too.

What site benefits you the most? If you start trying worshiptogether now and like it (or not), let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home