Worship Music Thoughts - Praise & Worship P&W

This is a place for Christians to discuss what song Worship is. How do we do it? What works well? How do we balance many issues facing us? Tough questions will be asked. We can also share favorites (songs, bands, websites) and worst "favorites" (songs, bands, etc). I hope to learn and grow and get some great ideas.

Name:
Location: Eagle Grove, Iowa, United States

I was born in 1973 in Zaire, Africa. My parents, aunts, uncles, and grandparents on my mom’s side were all missionaries with the Evangelical Free Church in Zaire. I graduated from boarding school in Zaire (Ubangi Academy) in 1991 and went to Moody Bible Institute. I spent my summers working at Hidden Acres, the Evangelical Free Church camp in Iowa and it was there I met my lovely and gracious wife, Lori (though we didn’t fall in love there). I received a B.A. in Youth Ministry from Moody and spent over 5 years in an Independent Baptist Church in rural Michigan. I left there at God’s call in 2002 to serve at Grace Evangelical Free Church in Eagle Grove, Iowa, as the Youth Pastor. I have an incredible son, Benjamin, and a beautiful daughter, Elise. My wife is a huge part of our ministry with the youth. I am currently pursuing (slowly) a Master of Arts and Religion from Reformed Theological Seminary through their virtual campus (distance education). My passions are for the glory of God, my family, guitar, volleyball, sports in general, and students. Though the future is unclear, I believe God has called me to “full-time” ministry.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Engaging Hearts and Minds on Sunday Morning

How do we encourage (challenge, help, etc.) the congregation to engage their minds and hearts on Sunday morning? I'd like to be able to assume it - but that's ridiculous. I'd like to just say - ok - engage your minds and hearts (like on an airplane - they say - fasten your seat belts - and people do it). Obviously worship leaders (not a perfect term) realize the problem and try to work on it. Some talk too much. Others not enough. Some preach. Some pray. Any deep thoughts on this problem and how to "fix" it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home